Out of about three hundred Indian restaurants in the greater Seattle area, there are only about five that specialize in South Indian cuisine. A native to the south of India, Mr. Thanu is pleased to offer an authentic South Indian dining experience.
Our restaurants are built around the motto, “Serve Fresh, Healthy, Healing, Sustainable and Tasty food”. We bring out these values in the following ways:
- Fresh: We do not compromise on quality. All of our meals are prepared fresh in our kitchens. Our sauces are made from scratch, and we use whole spices and fresh produce in our dishes.
- Healthy: Food should not just be a filler for your body. It should be nutritious and nourishing. This is why Indian food makes use of quality ingredients that give you valuable nutritional benefits. Fresh produce, ginger, garlic, and other seasonings are used in most any meal. Meanwhile, our lamb is hormone-free, grass-fed, and free-range.
- Healing: Indian cuisine make use of a variety of valuable herbs and spices, including carom, cumin, coriander, fennel, black pepper, cinnamon, star anise, mustard oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, bay leaves, cardamon, turmeric, asafetida, fenugreek, mustard seeds, and more. When used properly, they can foster a healthy balance of Yin and Yang in your body.
- Sustainable: The ingredients we use and the way we prepare them are significantly more environmentally friendly than the average American meal.
- Tasty: We have been serving the community for over ten years, with customers who have been coming back for more since the beginning.
We are able to cater to a number of different dining needs, offering halal meats, gluten-free dishes, and numerous vegetarian or vegan options.